We are charged to live in harmony with other believers as brothers and sisters in Christ. This really requires that we walk in the love of our Father! It’s not about how we feel. It is not an emotional response. It is simply a decision, a determination, to follow in the footsteps of Jesus. Teach me thy ways O God!
In case we begin to get full of ourselves , here are a few reasons why we should not be proud or conceited.
- Anything we have that is good, God gave to us
- God deals out His gifts to us in a measure of faith (Christ had gifts without measure – that’s how much faith He had!)
- Christ, who had gifts without measure, was meek and lowly
- Our gifts were received for the good of others
- We have been instructed not to be proud of our gifts
- We have also been instructed not to bury them but to use them
Father, help me remember where my gifts come from. I pray I give You all the glory. Help me use them, develop them and use them joyfully, willingly and openly for the good of others. Help me acknowledge, embrace, and receive the gifts You have also placed in others.
1 Corinthians 12:27, 1 Peter 4:10, Romans 14:13, 15:7; 2 Corinthians 13:11