Embed from Getty Images“My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me;” John 10:27 NASB
In moments of confusion, this scripture gives me comfort. There are times all I can do is trust God. Trust His Word and His promises. I have to trust He will show me the way. I have to believe that He is trustworthy. I have to trust that He loves me. The alternative is pretty bleak. It is in His Word and His promises that His voice becomes loud and clear. It becomes the litmus test for the one true voice that I need to tune into.
God never breaks His promises so listen for the voice of truth.
In Max Lucado’s “Facing Your Giants,” he gives a few tips on tearing down strongholds. I have found them to be helpful on several occasions so I thought I would share!
- Turn a deaf ear to old voices. Dismiss them. Go about your work. Don’t dialogue with the devil. Practice selective listening.
- Open your eyes to new choices. Get creative with your problem solving. If the wall is too tall, try a tunnel!
- No matter what the obstacle, remember “nevertheless:”
- Nevertheless Peter preached
- Nevertheless Joseph ruled
- Nevertheless the Samaritan woman shared
- Nevertheless Jesus rose
And finally remember, if you focus on giants, you stumble. If you focus on God, your giants tumble. Max Lucado *
Father, give me the courage, perseverance and wisdom to stand firmly on Your promises…no matter what I see in front of me.
*Adapted from “Facing Your Giants” by Max Lucado