Embed from Getty Images“And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.” Romans 8:28 NIV
There are times in life when the outlook is bleak. The horizon does not appear to hold any hope or show any signs of rescue. No white horse is in sight coming to the rescue.
Those are the times that it is hardest to hang onto this promise. Those are the times that we have to exercise faith. These are what I call hard places. I’m in one now. Saying that, I still have faith. It’s being tested but it does not change all of God’s promises that I know to be true:
- Whatever we ask we receive (1 John 3:22)
- God’s thoughts and ways are different (Isaiah 55:8)
- God’s Word will accomplish what He desires (Isaiah 55:11)
- I have to take every thought captive (2 Corinthians 10:5)
- Faith will move mountains (Matthew 17:20)
- God’s promises are delivered through faith (Romans 4:13)
- Faith rests on God’s power, not mine (1 Corinthians 2:5)
- I must believe in God and that He rewards those who seek Him (Hebrews 11:5)
So I celebrate!
Father, thank you for every promise. Thank you for Your favor that goes before me. Thank you for all the delight and even the stretch that you’ve put in my path to show me You are in control.