Embed from Getty Images“Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.” John 14:12 King James Version
Do you ever struggle with feeling like enough? I do. I used to find myself constantly stretching into something that I wasn’t. I have discovered that it’s ok to walk away from some things. God has me. He made me for His purposes…not mine and not anybody else’s. I have to be mindful to set boundaries so that I will stay focused on God’s intended purpose for me. Sometimes that means guarding my heart. Other times it means guarding my mouth. It always means thinking about Godly things. It generally requires a good taste of humility too.
But I am enough for God. When I am struggling, it helps to remember many of the promises that God has already given:
- All things are possible in Christ (Philippians 4:13)
- He will never leave me or forsake me (Deuteronomy 31:8)
- He gives the righteous the desires of their heart (Matthew 6:33)
- He will take what Satan means for evil and use it for good (Genesis 50:20)
- He hears the cries of His children (Psalm 22:5)
- He withholds no good thing from those who love Him and are obedient (Psalm 84:11)
- My enemies will not triumph over me (Psalm 30:1)
- He goes before me. No harm will come to me (Psalm 91:10)
- God is faithful! (1 Corinthians 1:9)
Father God, help me remember and stand firm on each and every promise You have given! You are faithful!