“I will give them a new, intense desire to know Me because I am the Eternal One. They will be My people, and I will be their God because they will return to Me completely.” Jeremiah 24:7 The Voice
So many definitions of new! Our God is a God of all things new. He creates with a word or a breath. It was amazing to me as I look at all the definitions and synonyms of new and then see all the “new” things God did throughout the Bible. The Bible is a compilation of stories all about new things! We are made new over and over again every time we come to God with our hearts. He renews them every time.
Here are just a few!
- The earth was a new creation of God (Genesis 1)
- New life from Adam and Eve (Genesis 4)
- New generations after the flood (Genesis 8)
- New place to live and a new name for Abraham (Genesis 17)
- A new name and identity for Jacob: Israel (Genesis 32, 35)
- He had to change to carry on God’s covenant and the source of universal blessing
- He had to leave his old deceitful ways behind
- Passover: a new exodus (Exodus 13)
- A new relationship with God for Israelites: 10 commandments (Exodus 20)
- A new land: Canaan (Deuteronomy 6:4)
- New generation in Canaan (Joshua 5)
- New king anointed (1 Samuel 16)
- New covenant; new king: Jesus (Jeremiah 23, 31)
- New life: Jesus (Matthew 16:21, 17:6, 19:28, 20:19, 26:28 and so many more)
- New heaven and new earth (Revelation 21:1-3)
I am learning, one step at a time, not to limit God with my “renovation” mindset. It is a new work in me! Letting go of old patterns, old thinking and remembering that He is a mighty God that is faithful to do what He has promised. So now I try to listen carefully and be obedient and look at life in a new way! His way.
Father, thank you that You made us all new in Jesus. Help me share with others more freely the greatest story ever told.