Embed from Getty Images
“Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord’s will is.” Ephesians 5:17 NIV
Wise words. Not having a clear understanding of God’s will and moving forward can result in delays, discomfort, unnecessary expenses, waste and confusion. This I know from the experience of piling on, adding to and over committing to things I shouldn’t. In spite of this, God is faithful! He is such a loving Father that He persistently and relentlessly shows me the path until I get it.
Once I get back on track, He is quick to restore order and favor, and release His blessings and promises. When the floodgate opens, it is truly an incredible feeling. There is no doubt that it is nothing short of a miracle. It’s all Him. It’s divine intervention and it’s beautiful.
So what are some things I’ve learned along the way?
- Let go of the need to please others
- Let go of the need to jump into situations; learn to leave things alone
- Listen first (sometimes a long time) before talking
- Do not overcommit or overinvest in things and people
- Be gentle with myself and others
- I don’t know everything
- Look for God’s grace, mercy and favor – and follow it
I know there is a lot more to learn. I’m very thankful I have a kind and patient teacher.
Father, help me to understand Your will, not mine, each and every day. Show me where to step. Show me the conversations to have; actions to take or not to take. Help me to be more like You. Help me to love like You.