He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things? Romans 8:32 NIV
- reliance on the integrity, strength, ability of a person or thing; confidence.
- confident expectation of something; hope.
- confidence in the certainty of future payment for property or goods received; credit:
- to sell merchandise on trust.
- a person on whom or thing on which one relies:God is my trust.
- the condition of one to whom something has been entrusted.
- the obligation or responsibility imposed on a person in whom confidence or authority is placed: a position of trust.
- charge, custody, or care
The Bible is full of stories of people who trusted God in tight places, challenging circumstances, persecution, bondage and death. These are the greatest stories ever told! Did you ever wonder why there are so many? I believe it’s because God knew we would need them. Leading up to Christ, documenting the miraculous life of Christ and the stories of the churches and disciples after Christ’s resurrection. All the stories are truly unbelievable. And they are true.
Today they are so incredibly relevant for us to know and understand the character of the God we serve. To know the depth and breadth of His love. To know the immense magnitude of His power and authority. All so that we can trust Him. All to teach us how to walk in faith and be in fellowship with Him. All to carry out His purpose so that every person that He loves becomes part of this community of believers.
To me, this is a very tiny peek at how huge and detailed God’s plan is. It began before the earth was formed. And it’s all documented! All I can say is…Wow.
Father, thank you for this day. Thank you for your great care. I trust You. Eyes on You. Your care is the best care for me. No substitutions.