1”There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.2 For the law of the Spirit of life has set you free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death.” Romans 8:1-2 ESV
To be free means to enjoy personal rights or liberty. So what does enjoy mean? It means:
- To experience with joy; take pleasure in.
- To have and use with satisfaction; have the benefit of.
- To find or experience pleasure for (oneself).
- To undergo (an improvement).
How many of us are free but not enjoying it? I know I’ve written about his before, but I am feeling compelled to write about it again.
Joyce Meyer in “Happy to be me!” shared that we are free from the power of sin – shame and guilt, condemnation, self-hatred, self-rejection, and self-doubt. In freedom, we are free to try something new, enjoy life (there’s that word again, ENJOY), enjoy God, enjoy yourself, to be secure and comfortable with anybody, anywhere.
If we have been set free from the law of sin and death, what is the law of righteousness and life? It is the truth. The truth we find in Christ Jesus. That over-arching love that God has for us. An all-in, no holds barred, do or die kind of love. That my friend is the truth. Enjoy it!
In prayer one day I was looking for what that truth looks like in me. The words that came to mind were “turn around.” So what did those words signify to me?
- Turn around meaning God is taking what the enemy meant for evil and using it for good.
- Turn around meaning God is right here. I simply have to turn so I can see Him.
- Turn around meaning change. All things new. Change can be uncomfortable and feel uncertain.
- Turn around meaning trust God to turn all things around for me. Not to trust my own power, but His.
So I look for and enjoy God’s hand in my life, especially in those ways. It made it very personal for me. What does God’s truth look like in you? Just ask!
Father, I trust You to be my “turn around” King. You are my Guide, my Counselor, my Comforter, my Father, my Provider, my Creator, my Protector. Thank you for who You are, all that You are and forever more will be!